Earliest Memories

What happens when you try to remember as far back as you can? My earliest clear memory dates from when I was still in my crib and not yet able to walk. I can remember a mobile hanging above my head consisting of little fluid-filled pouches in which were suspended tiny animals. The afternoon sun would catch them just right and the little animals inside would seem to glow. I look forward to any comments you have about your earliest memories.

2 Comments - Leave yours!:

Kate said...

One of my earliest memories is of going to the greengrocers with my grandmother to buy carrots. I can't remember much about it apart from sitting in my pram while she paid. I can also remember being on a boat at around the same age, apparently this was in the park and there was a picnic, but I only remember the boat.

Kim Woodbridge said...

I don't remember anything from when I was that young. My earliest memories are from when I was 3 or 4 years old. I remember my younger brother having a temper tantrum and I remember my 4th birthday party.

Sometimes I think that I only remember certain events because there are photographs of them. I just think I remember them but it's really only the photograph that makes me feel that way.


...a Czech-speaking American expat living in Prague since 1993. Secular Humanist. Left Libertarian. Critical Thinker. Cancer Survivor.

Use the links on the top menu bar to visit my other blogs about Prague and the Web.